Personal Information Collected Via Our Services
Information You Provide. You may visit and enjoy many elements of our Services without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, to make use of select, special or enhanced elements of the Services, you will need to share with us certain personal information so those elements may function properly. When you use certain enhanced elements within our Services (e.g., create a profile, register for a promotion, make a purchase, or publish a comment), the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, full name, street address, email address, telephone number(s), birth date, payment card information and location data. If we collect such information, the applicable page(s) or location(s) within the Services will include statements regarding what information is required for the elements of the Services to function properly and functionality for you to submit the requested or required information; there may also be opportunities for you to grant permission for use of your information in a manner set forth on the applicable page(s) within the Services.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- With certain third parties, but only so that they may help us provide services you've requested or in certain circumstances to provide you with related offers, special promotions or content;
- With one or more World Baseball Classic teams or other entities, to the extent that you've submitted information or accessed functionality or content that relates specifically to such team or entity (e.g., you've asked to receive the newsletter of a team or you've purchased team-specific merchandise from one of our stores), so they may learn more about fans like you, add you to the team's postal mail list and provide better services to you;
- Upon notice posted on an applicable location of our Services where we collect your personal information for an economic transaction and notify you that we will be sharing such information with a third party (e.g., Apple, ESPN.com);
- With a third-party service provider, sponsor or promotional partner with whom we offer a special promotion (e.g., a sweepstakes, fantasy game or subscription to goods or services), with your permission or otherwise in accordance with the applicable rules of such special promotion or terms presented at the time of submission, so that the third party can administer the promotion, or send you special promotions it offers;
- With our third-party survey partners, to send you periodic surveys to help improve our Services or your worldbaseballclassic.com experience;
- In connection with online loyalty, membership or rewards programs operated from our Services, with a third party from which you may receive goods or services in connection with your participation in such program; or
- With express permission from you.
Other Information Collected Within Our Services.
Our Cookies and Web Beacons
We use and permit automatic methods such as cookies (small amounts of data which include a unique string of characters sent to your browser or application from a website's computers and stored on your computer's or device's hard drive), web beacons (technology used to track activity, also known as pixel tags) or similar technologies, alone or in combination with personally identifiable information you choose to provide us. Examples of the information we collect and analyze using such methods include, but is not limited to, the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet; email address; login name and password; operating system type, version and computer or device platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator clickstream to, on and from our Website, including date and time; and products you viewed or searched. We use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from a page. We use and may allow certain third parties, such as those who provide services associated with our Services, to access these automatic data collection methods to enable you to use a "shopping cart" while using our Services, to store your preferences and to improve, deliver and customize our Services' content and offerings.
Third Party Cookies and Web Beacons; Network Advertisers
Other Circumstances When Your Data May Be Shared
Aggregated Demographic Information.
We may share aggregated demographic information with third parties. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
As time passes, World Baseball Classic may be sold along with its assets, or other corporate transactions may occur. In such a case, our customer information may be one of the business assets we transfer.
Disclosure for Legal Purposes.
Managing Your Information
You may choose and control what information you provide about yourself and certain information which is automatically collected via our Services. If you do not wish to provide certain information necessary for enhanced functionality or content on our Services, please do not use such functionality or content. If you register for a Website account, you will create an account on the MLB.com portal and may review and revise certain of your account information by clicking here to log in, and then navigating the left-hand menu options. You may modify your subscriptions to our various promotional email communications and newsletters by using the "unsubscribe" link contained in all such promotional email communications or newsletters or by accessing the "Email Subscriptions" section within your MLB.com portal account.
If you want to review or revise the personal information you provided during registration or in connection with a purchase or other activity while using our Services, or change the promotional email communications or newsletters you receive from us, you may contact us at 866-800-1275 within the U.S. and 512-434-1542 outside the U.S., or e-mail email@example.com.
Remember that when you share information publicly online, it may be indexable by search engines or recorded by others, and any search engine index or record of your information may persist after you delete the information at the original source.
No Spyware or Adware.
We do not install any spyware or adware in connection with our Services, or distribute any commercial message, or authorize any third party to distribute any commercial message, by means of spyware or adware. "Spyware" or "adware" is any software which has been downloaded to or installed on an Internet user's computer or device, without the user's actual consent, and facilitates the distribution of any commercial message to the user. If you feel you may have spyware from another company installed on your machine, there are various anti-spyware/adware software applications available on the Internet to identify if this has occurred.
Our Security Practices.
The account information associated with any of our Services is password protected for your privacy and security. You choose your password for any of our Services so the strength of that password is determined by you. We recommend that you choose a unique password and not share your password with anyone else. In certain areas, we use industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
Your California Privacy Rights.
Special Rules For Children.
Contact Us Regarding Privacy.
Notification of Changes.
Last updated and effective date: July 24, 2012